- Integrated design of motor + encoder + drive
- Stepper based servo control
- Closed position loop to eliminate loss of movement synchronization
- No torque reservation and always 100% implementation of available torque
- Load-based output current for extra low motor heating
- Smooth motor movement and low motor noise
- Quick response and acceleration
- No overshooting and almost zero settling time
- Plug-and-play, no tuning for most of applications
A Leadshine integrated closed loop stepper motor consists of a high torque stepper motor, a rotary encoder, and an integrated DSP-based digital easy servo drive. With the adoption of a high resolution encoder, shaft position of the stepper motor is fed back to the servo drive in real time. The drive can then fully close the position loop, which is the same mechanism as classic brushless servo drives. Therefore, loss of movement synchronization (step loss) in open loop stepper systems is totally eliminated.
Leadshine integrated closed loop stepper motors inherit the favored features of both open loop stepper and brushless servo systems. While still keeping costs low similar to stepper systems, fatal drawbacks of open loop stepper systems such as heating, loss of steps, noise.., are eliminated and significantly improved. Compared with traditional brushless servo systems, Leadshine integrated easy servo motors outperform in high starting & low-speed torque, no hunting, no overshooting, plug-and-play for no tuning in most applications, and almost zero setting time. In addition, the totally integrated design minimizes wiring cables, saves mounting space, and is more reliable to external interference. Please click the above “Main Features” tab to read more information.
Leadshine integrated closed loop stepper motors are currently available in NEMA 17 and 23 frame sizes with the torque of 0.3 – 2.0 Nm, or 43 – 283 oz-in. Pretty soon, more models in frame size NEMA 17, 23 and 24 will be added to this product line.